Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's my Favorite Holiday!

Happy 4th of July!

I've always loved this holiday. People get together, barbecue, share food and laughter...kids get sticky with candy and ice cream. It's all all-around happy day. I believe these feelings stem mostly from what a celebration Juneau makes of the day (and night before). My heart always travels to my hometown on  the 4th, even when I'm in South Korea.

No fireworks on the night of the 3rd, no parades or activities on Sandy Beach for me...

However, I did make sure to tell my students what an important day it is! :) AND, I wore my red, white and blue.


Hope all of you at home are enjoying this day to the fullest! Despite all of the things that are wrong with our country, those of us who can call it home are some of the luckiest people in the world.

No comments: