Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter

It's been a busy time around here with intensives and such. The new year brought chilly temperatures and extra time at work. I haven't had a lot of exploring or picture taking opportunities, so I haven't updated this blog in almost a month! Wow.
[A couple of weekends ago, Justin and I went for a hike in Suwon. It was a bit cold, but I was so happy to get a little exercise. Unfortunately, it led to my knee feeling worse than ever....so now I'm back to taking it easy...]
[In protest of the knee situation, I went for a long walk (several times around this lake) close by our apartments. It was a beautiful day--not too cold with bright sunshine.]

[I had the fortune of seeing a family flying this kite in the blue blue sky]
[We visited Bongeunsa Temple in Seoul last weekend.]
[Right in the middle of the city, as you can see...]
[Beautiful, nonetheless. I liked all of the extra color.]


[It's the Year of the Dragon, if you weren't aware]


[Chelsea took us to a great cafe in Hongdae that serves delicious vegetarian fare.]
[Please ignore the poor quality photos--ipod]
[My scrumptious meal: potato/veg soup, chickpea salad, bread, and tofu spread.]
[Street art in Hongdae]

[Korean sweet rice cake for Lunar New Year]
 Today is the last day of work before 5 days off in honor of Lunar New Year.

I'm desperate for space--feeling overwhelmed and tired by kids these last few days.

My head is full of noise and quieting the roar has become more difficult.

It's time for a little peace.

No comments: