Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

It's Thursday, November 25th here in Korea and I'm waking up to chilling temps. blue skies, and a stillness that accompanies the winter that is approaching. It's been much colder in the last week, which leads me to believe that winter will definitely happen. There were a few weeks there that I wasn't so sure--while my homes in the states were getting snow or ridiculous amounts of rain, Suwon managed to stay a balmy 60*. I am thankful to be living somewhere that stretches its summer/fall into November.

I am also sending thanks out into the world for a family that supports me living in Korea. I know, some days it's not the best situation and we would all like me to be just a *little* closer (particularly on days like today). However, you all (Mom, Dad, Julie, Abby, Jesse, Gen) tend to stay on the encouragement side of things. I appreciate not having to hear the question "When are you coming home?' every time we talk. I REALLY appreciate it. You understand that I'm here for certain reasons, that I'm trying to experience all that I can in this short time, and I want to enjoy it. SO, thank you. ALSO, thank you for loving me. Always.

I'm giving thanks for the opportunity to be doing something slightly unconventional with my life. I'm in my second year living in Korea, yet I still catch myself in wonder that I actually live here.

Thank you, World, for dear friends who write me emails (of which I take forever to respond--you know who you are) to remind me that I am loved.

I am thankful to live a life that is open to new experiences. To have been given that little bit of courage to take action. I am thankful that I am able to use my limbs to their full capacity. I'm thankful to be able to hike. I'm thankful to work where I'm told "Teacher, pretty" at least once a week by the cutest kids you can imagine.

Lastly, I am thankful to be able to give thanks. There have definitely been times in my life that I have had a lot of difficulty thinking of things I am appreciative of. However, I believe I'm learning to be thankful each and every day. I have been given countless blessings and it feels good to recognize them.

I hope all of you back home enjoy a peaceful day. Sending love and thanking the universe that I know you.

No comments: