Tuesday, September 6, 2011

hrmph.

I have a problem.

I'm sitting here tonight, gorging myself on my favorite (no, not really.....but it's close enough) comfort food in Korea--cheese ramen--and questioning my teaching methods, effectiveness, etc. All because one class had about half of the students not complete homework.

I take it personally when they don't do homework. Especially when a LOT of themdon't do it. Why, I ask you, should I care? Why? It's not any skin off my back--except that it makes class go THAT much slower--and ends up giving THEM more homework in the end....and THEY don't learn vocabulary...

But it really beats me up, you know? I feel like I've failed them or something. I find myself thinking, "If they liked me, they would do their homework," or, "was I not encouraging enough in the first class?"

I don't know.

Anyhow, I'm a disgruntled EFL teacher tonight. That's my news.

No comments: