Monday, June 27, 2011

It's almost time!

My 2 months visiting family and friends has flown by--I'll (most likely) be heading back to Korea on the 7th of July.

This time around, I'll be working at Avalon. It's the same school where Justin enjoys a scheduled prep time, a dinner break every day, and occasional bonuses. I do believe the employees are valued at least a little more than at my former school, Chungdahm April. Here's hoping my predictions ring true. I'll begin training (much less intensive than last year) on the 11th and will still be living in Suwon, though in a different district.

I've had the greatest pleasure seeing my loved ones and realize I haven't been writing in this blog at all. Maybe I've been too busy...or lazy... but I've definitely been thinking a lot about valuable relationships-- loving people for who they are and where they are at in a particular moment. I'm also feeling my heart tighten up a bit (you know that squeezing feeling?) at the realization I'll be leaving for another entire year. As I've mentioned many times before, it's always difficult to leave.

This time around, I know what I'm getting myself into. I know that the year will likely go by quickly, that I'll have skype and email to connect with family, and that I'll be having way too many adventures to miss people TOO much. Plus, there will be dozens of cute Korean kiddos to make me laugh.

I've seen a little more of my country, too. My mom and I made it out to Colorado Springs and I was awed by the Garden of the Gods.

I was host to 3 traveling bicyclists (Portland, OR to Portland, ME and back) for two days. They have inspired me to, whenever I can, get to know MY country. I have all of these aspirations to visit places around the world...but how much have I really seen of the United States? Not enough. ...Add that to the bucket list.

So, there's my update, sans pictures.

T-10 days: Korea...I'm on my way!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woop woop.