Monday, April 4, 2011

ramblings

I walk to work every day and I'm usually thinking about the day that lies ahead, or what I've forgotten to bring with me (food), or last minute things to add to the to-do list.

Every once in awhile, I stop those ramblings and think about my life thus far. Yes, all 26 years.

My brain has the tendency to tell me that I'm not in the right place in my life, that I'm not settled down, I don't have a "steady" job in the states, that I'm far away from my loved ones........SO many reasons to feel down.

It's been a long time coming, with a lot of self-talk and training my heart to meet my brain, but I think I've finally reached the point where I feel....satisfied. Not just satisfied, mind you, but pretty happy with the life I have carved for myself. I know I'm not living the "American Dream," but I'm living a life that makes sense to me. I love where I'm at and the adventures I am having. I am thankful for the journey that has brought me here. I'm even thankful for disliking Korea for several months. That sense of dislike actually brought me to where I am now--in love with this country and its people.

I walk to work with a sense of peace. 

So, here's to the next few weeks. I'll put forth a joyful attitude. I'll treasure the time I have left. I'll leave knowing I will return to, what is now, my home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm living the American dream and it sucks. Maybe I'm living the wrong one.