Monday, March 7, 2011

quiet weekend of wandering

My most favorite student of all time, JiWon, just came back from a two month English camp in the Philippines. She isn't an April student anymore (used to be Junior Master and has since tested into a Chungdahm level) but still came downstairs to say hello, give me a hug, and these lovely souvenirs. She is awesome.....and I ate those mangoes in two days.


Last weekend brought a bit of poking around in Seoul... here are a couple of shots...

Baskets, anyone?
I love this truck!
Midday down a Sinchon alleyway
Subway Periscope?

Insadong

requisite crazy glasses picture


My favorite Korean street food: 
Hoddeok, a fried dough filled with brown-sugary, nutty goodness.
Finally-found a Loving Hut. Vegan cuisine...all for ME! 
I got to have a vegan "burger" and vegan dumplings. Yum, yum, YUM.
I'm somewhat ashamed to say this...but I made it to Hongdae for the first time last weekend. 
I don't know what took me so long. 
This park fair reminded me of Portland...with a few more people.


It's Tuesday, now, and I'm getting through the week. The sore throat and congestion have all but left me, leaving behind a sporadic cough and a chapped nose. I'm excited for this weekend--a tour of the Blue House (Korea's president's home) and a visit from Hiroko and Nabe from Japan! Should be exciting!

Oh, and in case you weren't keeping up with my countdown... 6 weeks left!

1 comment:

ashley rae said...

loving your words and photos.