Sunday, February 20, 2011

News! News!

I just booked my flight back to the states! Get ready, Seattle. I'll be ready to take your city (and the Richardson's) by storm April 26-May 2nd. Then, it's on to Juneau, AK where I will celebrate my sister's 17th birthday and high school graduation, among many other things (hikes? quality time with my dad, stepmom,  brother and sister-in-law, breathing oh-so-clean, crisp air....). My flight from Juneau to Kansas has not been scheduled, as of yet, but I'm looking at the beginning of June. Dear Kansas, I am looking forward to quality time with my mama, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

It's going to be a family and friend festival!

So, for the next eight weeks, I will try not to speak too much of my excitement for (a) the last day at Yeongtong April and (b) seeing the aforementioned friends and family. Buuut, I'm not making any promises. My last day is the 18th. I'll (hopefully) visit Jeju Island in my last week, and FLY OUT on the 26th. Yahoo!

You all may be wondering whether I've made that oh-so-pressing decision about what will come next. As I stand now, I'm looking at returning to Korea for another year in July. I've started the job search and will see what comes of it. Of course, as with everything in life, this is not a set-in-stone choice. However, I have spent countless hours weighing the pros/cons of the situation and I do believe that I cannot give up this opportunity just yet. Teaching in Korea is not that difficult and the benefits (paying off student loans while living in a foreign country) are winning the race right now. While I miss my family and friends dearly, I cannot yet put my wanderlust to rest.


For now, let's all just get excited that...I only have 8 weeks left on my contract and I'll be home in 9!!!

2 comments:

ashley rae said...

i am SO excited you're coming home!... even if its only for a spell.
lots of talking, wine and dinners. lots of hugs and cuddles. lots of walks. xoxoxo.

vyoverseas said...

Just say "ex-nay" to the whole "I'll not talk about the excitement of coming home just yet" thing. Only because it makes me feel guilty that that's ALL I can talk about these days...