Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Daegu. Kind of.

Last weekend, I caught the slow train (ugh) to Daegu. It took 3.5 hours. If you take the KTX, which I did for my return to Suwon, the trip is about 2 hours. If expediency is your goal, I'd recommend KTX. Otherwise, go slow train--more room, substantially cheaper, and just as comfortable.

Anyhow, I went to visit Teralyn. As I have mentioned before, Teralyn is pretty amazing. I think we might be soul sisters. I very much appreciate our time together. We laughed, drank wine, ate delicious italian, and went to a hookah bar. In the morning, she made us french toast with real Mrs Butterworth's syrup. Ahhhh, delight!

As it was a short trip, I didn't see much of the city. I'd love to go back and spend time poking around in Daegu's haunts. So, Teralyn, expect another trip!

I forgot to take pictures. Here the few I did snap:

When the taxi dropped me off, I was instructed to look for a fountain with faces. Check.

 Didn't go in, but kind of cute

 Hookah bar. I don't remember the Korean gal's name, but she was VERY nice.

The owner. He was hilarious.

Thumbs up!


On Friday, my favorite kid, TOM, wore this cute hat. Korean kids...and adults, for that matter...seem to enjoy interesting hats. Tom is my favorite because whenever he receives praise, he raises his fist and says, "yessss!'. I know he's closing his eyes, but I love this picture:

Also on Friday, I received a birthday/care package from my lovely friends Ashley, John James, and Mary! THANK YOU!
 

Last night, I decided it was time to improve my eating habits. Well, to balance my life in general. So, to start with, I made a delicious stir fry/rice thing.

This morning, I did yoga for about an hour. If I accomplish ANY goal this month, it is to do yoga at least 4 out of 5 weekday mornings.

Today was pretty great. I hope it was the yoga.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, KT--Go yoga, goyoga!

ashley rae said...

yay for yoga, care packages, cute korean boys with adorable hats, KATRINA, eating well!
i miss you. i like reading your posts...its reminding me to do mine...
on
it.