Sunday, November 21, 2010

Art, Insadong, Saunas...

Another great weekend.

I had training in Seoul at headquarters on Saturday, so had to run up early and sit through (mostly mindless) talk about the changes to my Junior Master class for next term. I haven't decided yet if it was a waste of my time. Regardless, it got me up to Seoul to meet Vy and a couple of her friends at the National Museum of Korea. We wanted to see an exhibit of Buddhist painting. By the time I arrived after training, Vy and her friends had already gone through the exhibit. Luckily, Quinn got there about the same time I did, so we breezed through it. I can't say I was all that excited about what I saw. Mostly this was due to the exhibit area's dim lights and the masses of slowwwwww moving people. Meh. Outside of the museum is beautiful---

The "Reflecting Pool"


 Pretty Pretty

 Seoul Tower. I still need to cross that off the list...

The only picture I could take inside---

I've been posing in the classic Korean way lately.... it's getting on my nerves.

 Quinn! Me! Reflecting Pond!


After the museum, we headed to Insadong....hoping to do a little xmas shopping. I forgot to get anything. Maybe next weekend?

Scaaarves. So many scarves.

 

  Oh! And then we got stopped to do a fun little quiz for tourists.

After Insadong, we met up with Vy's friend and surprisingly, about 8 other Koreans, at an Indian restaurant. I sat across from an older gentleman who is a lawyer in Korea but is licensed in the U.S. as well. I got to pick his brain about the Korean criminal justice system. He had many questions about my former line of work as a DV advocate, etc. QUITE the stimulating conversation.

I thought I was heading home after that, but Carolyn texted me from Gangnam, so I met up with her and JoJo for some drinks. She and I missed the last bus home but forked out cash for a taxi ride home at about 3 in the morning.

On SUNDAY......... we went to a Korean sauna! Spent about 5 hours relaxing, bathing, sauna-ing, and being scrubbed clean by older Korean ladies. It was my first experience with the scrub and I must say, I will definitely go back. It hurt (a lot) but my skin feels so smoooooooth now!

All in all, a wonderful weekend. This is the last week of the term, so I'm preparing for a bit of restlessness with the kids. My new schedule looks interesting, to say the least. We'll see how it goes.

Birthday is less than two weeks away! Woop woop!

Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of my American loves!

1 comment:

Vy said...

That robot picture is awesome. Too bad those Koreans saw me fondling it.