Saturday, October 30, 2010

no debauchery, all things wonderful

Good weekend and it's not even over!

Happy Halloween! The ghosts and goblins were out (twenty-somethings dressing up in a country that doesn't reallly celebrate the day is a bit interesting). I decided not to partake in any crazy shenanigans. I think the last time I dressed up for Halloween was my first year in college. Maybe it's not my thing. ;)

Instead, I had a lovely Friday night out and a great day in Seoul with Linda and Courtney on Saturday.

Documentation of Saturday was a little on the weak side....but here's what I got. Oh, and one picture of my students:

 This is the Junior Master class and I have a lot of fun with them.
Jinnie and Ji-Won (the two girls in the front) are awesome. 
Halloween is not really celebrated here, but we still had a tiny party.


I'm loving the leaves as they change. 


 A musical performance we caught on our way to Insadong


 In Ssamziegil--lots of shops

Cute corner


 Fortunes are tied to the tree


 Coffee shop where we rested our weary feet.


Group shot. Courtney's in the middle and Linda's on the right. I'm on the left. ;)



I guess I only took pictures when we went Insadong. Hm. We also made a stop in Itaewon to get falafel sandwiches (first time for my companions) AND What the Book (also first time for them). I dropped almost $30 for "Freedom," which I keep hearing about and am excited to start reading. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Today I'm laundering clothes, reading, and will head to a movie with folks later.

It's been a great week.

No comments: