Tuesday, September 28, 2010

socks! sweatshirts! wahoo!

I LOVE fall.

It means that I can wear sweatshirts (my favorite article of clothing), sweaters, and long pants. Also, I get to put on my mismatched socks. Now, I don't particularly enjoy shoes, per se, but I looooove socks. But they can't match.

Today I'm sporting one blue with polka dots and the other with white/red/pink/yellow, courtesy of my pal, Nikki.

And JEANS, as it is now week 5 and I'm allowed to wear them until week 8. Fab.

The workplace is a bit hectic, what with our Head Instructor gone without a replacement, but we're all surviving. I think I will have to watch "CCTV's" of the other teachers because I have a free period on Thursdays. Not really looking forward to that, as I said NO to the Head Instructor position and this is one of the duties...........but I'm trying to stay positive about it. If anything, I can pull from my fabulous coworkers' great ideas and use them in my own classroom. :)

I'm thinking of joining a gym, mostly to get me busy in the mornings and to get some exercise when the weather turns chilly. Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on.

I must say that I'm enjoying my coworkers a lot these days and I find myself wanting to hang out more beyond work. It's a great feeling, but a little difficult with also wanting to be with Justin 40 minutes away. We'll figure it out, though.

That feeling when the seasons change, that I wrote about a few weeks ago? It's still there. It's not quieting yet, and I don't know what that means. In practical terms, it means I stay up late at night tossing and wake up early with my heart racing. It's uncomfortable, and I'm afraid it's affecting my relationships. I don't know how to quiet the storm in my chest.

Ahhh, but it's socks and sweater weather. Can't be down about that now, can we?

2 comments:

Dani said...

I always wear mix-matched socks TOO! Glad to know I am not alone! Oh, and the fact that I can comfortably wear a sweatshirt makes me infinitely happy as well :)

Massimo said...

hello, I'm an Italian physicist and I got a job in Suwon so I wanted to say hello :) nice picture of the island off Incheon.
have you tried yoga for inner peace :)