Sunday, May 18, 2008

2 months left

We made it Salt Lake City and we're all settled in at Camp Kostopulos. It's beautiful here with the mountains in the distance (snow capped) and greenery everywhere. The city is incredibly clean, people seem pretty nice... things are good. Two weeks of training begin tomorrow. The first week will be policies/procedures, etc. with the second focusing on dealing with the horses and doing the ropes course. After the two weeks are up, we have seven weeks with campers, in which we'll be working 7:30am to 9:00pm. Wowza. Better get my sleep while I can!

I finally have some time to post pictures from the last SPIKE, so here you all go!

Rolling a "biscuit" on the first day of work


We usually took a nap on the porch of the lodge during lunch


Nicole and I split a lot of wood that day...


William and me with a huge piece of wood we had to lift into and out of the truck


Nicole helped too. It was probably close to 300lbs.


View of camp...mostly of the fun trees we were surrounded by every day!


A night out dancing in Big Bear


Lastly, me doing the high ropes at the YMCA camp in Big Bear


It was about 40 ft up, I think.


I thought I was going to puke.


There you go! Nicole needs her computer back so I'll try to put some more pictures up at a later date. Hope all is well in your respective worlds! :)

No comments: