Wednesday, December 19, 2007

coming together

It's hard to believe I have been here for almost 3 weeks. Our team has accomplished so much...digging, siding, roofing... bonding with each other. It's been so great!

Libby and I finished the roof today (different one than in the pictures)...we saw this one from the beginning to the end. It was quite the trial, as the house is not exactly equal in its dimensions...one side of the roof is longer than the other, and even one side is not even with itself! Ahhh! This led to many the frustration...but we made it through! I am very proud of Emily, Libby and myself because we had little direction from Peter (our boss, basically). I truly feel like I know how to do something now!

Anyhow, I am headed to Kansas on Saturday and I am pretty excited for a break from work. It's going to be a lot colder than what I have been experiencing as of late. I think this will be the first Christmas that I will be tan...in quite a few years. Woohoo!

I guess there's not too much to say, just that I've been experiencing more fun each day, learning the ropes of construction, and I am excited for Christmas!

If I don't post before...Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope you are all safe and sound with family and/or friends...and your hearts are filled with peace. Love you!

No comments: