Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I ran 3.5 miles the other day...for the Apple Hill Race which benefitted their local school district. It was so much fun and I feel great because I have never run that far, or on such a difficult/hilly course. YAY!

Here are some pictures of me, the girls from my "pod" that I did it with, and some other shots. I don't have it figured out where I can write notes between the pictures...help, anyone? :) Oh, and the first is of my roomie and I at the pumpkin patch a week ago! YAY for fun!

















So there are the pictures...it was a truly great day and I am so glad that I did it. After the run, I went to see Into the Wild, which was both heartbreaking and amazing. Made me a little homesick for AK!

This week we are doing a lot of training. Lesson in flexibility #4,911,038: the Red Cross might be able to do our disaster relief training (that they were not able to do previously due to the fires down south) but it will be during our 3 day weekend! Oh AmeriCorps, how I love that you keep me on my toes. It's actually great to not really know what is going on day-to-day...it is teaching me amazing sponteneity. LOVE it. :)

I have been so happy the past week, I really feel great. Hope everyone is doing well in your respective lives. mmmmmmmuah!

1 comment:

J. Boudreau said...

ahhh...a race that is right up my alley- one with start and finish on the same side of the sign! That is awesome!