Friday, October 19, 2007

i'm here

Okay so I'm here...pretty much exhausted...and so happy not to be in my uniform clothing! It's pretty stiff...I'm not a fan of the belts and the pants... but it's not that bad. I'm going to try to type up more of what I've been up to, but I'm pretty tired.

So far, things are pretty good--lots of information but it's coming at us at a reasonable rate. The people are nice, and there are a lot of us.

The first night I was feeling very overwhelmed, mostly because of all of the regulations, the strictness is not what I signed up for. However, yesterday the director talked to us for awhile, mostly about what great things we are going to be doing, and I felt a lot better. Once you get past that there can't even be garbage in your trashcan in your room (??) and your shirt must be tucked in at ALL times... you remember what you're really here for--to help others, to do good things. And I'm excited. I am so excited about going out on my first spike, for the next 10 months.

We get our teams on Wednesday, which is pretty exciting. Right now we are in temporary "pods," with whom we spend most of our time during the day with.

Last night a group of us went out to check out the nearby establishments and found a definite biker bar, which was awesome, and then to the sports bar, which was more what most of us are used to. It was fun to get out and relax a bit (which we are allowed to do!)

Alright, I think I'm headed back to my room, might take a nap. I'll follow up later with more of how things are going/what we are doing and learning.

1 comment:

wonderskirt said...

wow, katrina. that is really exciting! i'm proud of you.