Sunday, October 14, 2007

Beginnings

Okay, it starts now. The new life, the overturned leaf. As the days get closer to when I will leave for Sacramento, I am trying to pinpoint exactly what I want out of the next 10 months. How about the rest of my life?

1. I want to enjoy moments, whether big or small. I don't want to look back and think that I should have done this or that--I just want to do, do, do--and enjoy each moment for what it is.

2. Meet new people! Enough with this isolation that I have become so accustomed to. No longer do I only "need" one person. I have found a life that is so much richer when I am surrounded by those I love and who love me in return.

3. Break out of this box that I have closed myself into the past 2 years. I haven't grown enough, not in the way that I would like. Expand my horizons. Learn all that I can.

4. Save the world...or die trying. I don't want to let anything stand in my way. I don't want this fire to burn out and I will not let it. It's not enough to just do AmeriCorps, I need to continue to fight for what I believe in, what I care about, long after 10 months of service.

5. Find some semblance of peace, particularly in my heart. Come to an acceptance of what has been and move on. I guess, put my heart back together. One piece at a time.

6. grow, GROW, GROW

Two more days.

1 comment:

NinaZephyr said...

I love your list. I think everyone should make a list of goals for AmeriCorps :)